FIB MEDICAL COMMITTEE
The FIB Medical Committee is responsible for granting Therapeutic Use Exemptions (TUEs) for athletes in the FIB Registered Testing Pool 1 or athletes taking part in the FIB Events (World Championship, World Cup, Champions Cup, World Cup Women, U21 WCS).
The FIB Medical Committee consists of a chair, vice chair and three members.
The tasks of the FIB Medical Committee members shortly described:
1. Act as the FIB TUE Committee, responsible for granting TUE:s
2. Function as experts as the FIB is drawing up its Test Distribution Plan
3. Function as experts in questions related to Doping Control and Results Management
4. Function as experts for the athletes participating in the FIB events concerning medication and the Prohibited List
5. Function as experts concerning the Anti-doping information provided by the FIB to the Member Associations and on the FIB web
6. Participate in the Medical Committee meetings and decide upon the FIB´s Anti-doping activities
7. Distribute valid investigations concerning athletes health and sport injuries